OUR HISTORY

Benton Funeral Home was established in 1915, by Hugh B. Benton.

The late Hugh B. Benton, bought the furniture and casket business from E.R. Thomas, located on main street in Fordyce, which was later occupied by Benton Furniture Company.

Soon after the purchase of that business, Mr. Benton began the funeral business in the furniture store building in 1915 with the assistance of Mr. Clarence Davis.  In 1924 Carlton Mays joined the firm and continued in it until his retirement in the early 1970's.

In 1938 Mr. Benton purchased the beautiful colonial home of Mr. George M. Hampton, which had been a landmark in Fordyce and opened Benton Funeral Home on West Fourth Street. 

In 1957, Benton Funeral Home moved farther down West Fourth Street to the present location.  This building was ultra-modern in design.  The flat roof style has been replaced by a commanding hip-style rood, but the location and dedication to serving our customers has remained constant.

Benton Funeral Home has a satellite location at Hampton, Arkansas (Calhoun County) which is located about 25 miles from Fordyce.  This facility was built in the early 1980's to better serve our many customers and friends in the Hampton and Harrell area.

Benton Funeral Home also has a satellite location at Bearden, Arkansas (Ouachita County)) which is located at 12 miles from Fordyce.  This facility was built in 2003.  We are so proud of our latest edition to our business.  We built this so we could better serve our customers in Bearden and the surrounding area. 

Benton Funeral Home has tried to maintain the same philosophy throughout out its existence.  The values that Mr. Hugh B. Benton strived for at the beginning of the century are some of the same ideals we strive for today.  That everyone family deserves the best service possible.  We are trying our best to provide a professional, affordable and compassionate service for our customers.